OSARCC’s response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
19th March 2020
OSARCC is very aware of the potential for the current situation with COVID 19 (Coronavirus) to cause anxiety and concern for many, not least of all to those living with the impacts of sexual violence and abuse.
OSARCC should be a safe space for all. For this reason, we have taken the decision to change and adapt the way we work in light of recent government advice surrounding Coronavirus. We are moving our operations to home working online and not using our office and counselling space, effective from 18th March 2020.
Our two objectives are to protect and support the health and wellbeing of our staff, volunteers, supporters and service users; and to ensure that, as far as possible, survivors continue to receive the support they might need.
What does this mean in practice?
- We will continue to provide one to one counselling and advocacy support to survivors either online or by phone. We are in the process of contacting service users currently.
- We are currently exploring the most effective ways to continue to provide support to those using our support group and drop-in services. For more information on advocacy support contact ISVA@osarcc.org.uk. For more information on one to one counselling and group support email firstname.lastname@example.org, and for more information on drop in sessions contact Dropins@osarcc.org.uk.
- We will continue to take referrals, so ask that anyone looking for support from our services continues to reach out to us. We will carry out initial meetings by telephone or online.
- Our work within schools is paused. However we will continue to offer online and telephone support to young people receiving support from the SEE Project. For more information contact SEE@osarcc.org.uk.
- Our email support service remains open (email@example.com ), offering support to survivors of sexual violence and those supporting them. We are exploring the most safe and effective ways of maintaining our phone and text service and will share information as plans are put in place, but for now those services are paused with immediate effect.
- The delivery of internal and external training is postponed, and we are exploring online alternatives. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will be offering a call back system for administrative enquiries to our office phone line.
We are aware that this is a difficult time for many. We’ll do our best to provide regular updates about all our services by email and through our website and on social media. Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the advice of Public Health England and take care.
OSARCC Email Support – email@example.com
Samaritans 24/7 – 116 123
Rape Crisis England and Wales – https://rapecrisis.org.uk/get-help/