Who else can help?

Below are some other organisations who may be able to offer you support, depending on your situation and needs.

Oxfordshire counselling & support groups

National support

Oxfordshire sexual health clinics

Legal advice

Domestic abuse

Child abuse

Specialist women’s support

Young persons

Male survivors

Specialist LGBTQ+ survivors’ support

Registered child sex offender data: Sarah’s Law

The child sex offender disclosure scheme, sometimes called ‘Sarah’s Law’, allows parents, carers or guardians to formally ask the police for information about a person who has contact with their child, or a child close to them, if they’re concerned the person may pose a risk.

The scheme is available for any member of the public who wants to find out if an individual in contact with a child has a record of sexual offences. The police will disclose information only if it is lawful, necessary and proportionate to the interests of protecting the child/ren from harm.

Clare’s Law and requesting domestic violence offender data

Clare’s Law gives any member of the public the right to ask the police if their partner may pose a risk to them. Under Clare’s Law, a member of the public can also make enquiries into the partner of a close friend or family member.

Keep up to date, sign up to our newsletter

Escape to Google